Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday my King......

So it's been a while since I've posted, I guess that's a good thing. I've been in a better place and I'm liking it there.

To my third baby, who is well on his way to no longer being a baby. Today you are an entire year old. It's hard to believe that on this day last year you looked like this:

And today you look just like this:
Yeah, I totally put my babies to work as soon as they can walk......hello?

Rollie Pollie, you are a light in all of our lives, but most especially in mine. When I found out I was pregnant with you I was beyond elated. I remember the day, I was in the ER where I kind of still worked and everyone was so shocked at my excitement. I mean, my daughter had this terrible, horrible disorder and took all of my time, so how could I be happy about another baby? It's simple really.......I knew God had planned it just.like.this. Make no mistake, you are no replacement baby and you will never feel like one, I promise you that. You are the sunshine after the storm. You are the restoration of my faith in good and humanity in a crazy, sad world. You have helped in ways you will never understand to heal my mother's heart. You are a gift from God, like all of my children, but you are a little more special in your own way. You came at the right place, at the right time. You are perfect my sweet son and I love you so much.

This last year has been amazing and I have absolutely loved watching you grow. I had forgotten how magical it is to have a child that can sit up, crawl, babble, smile, laugh, WALK! You are the sweetest most affectionate child yet. You love to breastfeed (still!) and love to give kisses (open mouth of course!). You are very social and always meet everyone with a smile. You are incredibly adventurous and I am always on my toes trying to guess your next move. You are a master immitator; always mimmicking my every move. You are stubborn and full of emotions, like somebody else I know (no names!)

Happy Birthday my sweet little monkey, I cannot wait to watch you grow up into the intelligent, handsome, caring and compassionate man I will raise you to be. I love you more than life............Love, Mama

No comments: